MEREDITH has provided effective emergency management consultation and
support services for oil and chemical manufacturing and distribution companies,
the insurance industry, admiralty and environmental attorneys, transportation
companies (marine and land), the environmental industry, spill cooperatives
and government agencies since 1995.
MEREDITH specializes in the design and implementation of practical emergency
response programs that provide coordinated and prioritized initial response
actions, incident hazard and risk assessment, response management organization
and protocols, identification and appropriation of external resources,
public affairs (media) support, government agency liaison, and claims
MEREDITH's experience has enabled us to develop working relationships
- the leading emergency response contractors in the United States;
- federal, state and local government agencies;
- salvage and commercial firefighting contractors;
- environmental specialists for coordination of response operations,
alternative response technologies and minimization of Natural Resource
- logistic support and clean-up equipment vendors; and
- technical and scientific specialists.
We understand and have proven our ability to implement the practical
and effective principles of the Incident Command System in different response
organizations and unique circumstances. Effective concepts, good planning,
experienced management resources and the right team-all of these provide
the ability to establish and maintain a managed response that honors the
priorities of safety, stabilization and protection with a commitment to
coordination and teamwork.
MEREDITH's experience includes:
- Develop contingency plans (SPCC plans, Hazardous Waste Operation
and Emergency plans, OPA 90 Facility and Vessel Response Plans, corporate
Crisis Management plans, and other Emergency Action plans) as well as
PSM and RMP plans.
- Provide training for safety, health, and emergency response including
customized Incident Command services.
- Audit facilities and vessels for regulatory compliance in environmental,
safety, health, and emergency response preparedness.
- Conduct hazards and risks assessments for response planning and
- Health and safety management in corporate and emergency environments.
- Incident management of oil and hazardous substance spills requiring
activation of as many as a 79-member management team to small incidents
with a single response manager.
- Service as OPA 90 Qualified Individual, Texas Authorized Person,
and Canada's Authorized Individual and experienced in implementation of
various response plans to coordinate response activities.
- Coordinate marine salvage, emergency lightering, and firefighting
- Project management, environmental, logistics, and financial management
support in response to facility fires and explosions, petroleum pipelines,
natural disasters, and significant train derailments involving hazardous
- Management and operational support for Third Party Claims administration.
- Financial management includes contract administration, cost reporting
and auditing of environmental response and cleanup from man-made and natural
disasters, and documentation and submission of claims to insurers and
the National Pollution Fund.
- Develop and maintain software applications to support emergency
response operations, logistics, and financial management.
- Consult on international emergency response interaction, preparedness,
^ Back to top